It is essential to add an image to describe your blog content properly to the audience. That means your featured image presents the overview of the post-story. In WordPress, you can easily add an image to the post.
Here go the steps.
01. Login to the WordPress dashboard.
02. From the menu, navigate to Post>>All Posts >> Add New.
03. Now, add the post title and description. On the right side of the page, you will get an option to add a featured image. Click on that option and a gray box “Set featured image” will appear. Click on that box to add the featured image.
04. You can choose an image file from the existing Media Library or Upload a new one.
05. Once the selection has been completed, click on the “Set featured image” button.
06. Finally, click on the “Publish” button to save the settings.